Sunday, May 11, 2014

THE MIRACLE OF MY EAR


     The Miracle of my Ear . . . 
         touched, healed, whole
            by the Hand of the Man from Galilee. 

A moment ago I was here, unbelieving

    ready to take him hostage;
       and now I kneel, in the dust,
         disbelief written over my face
            hands clutching my ear, the
               blood still there from the
                 agonising swordcut;
                    and now healed; whole.

As I said. I was an unbeliever, a moment ago.

   Now I kneel, a believer. My eyes wide,
       surprised as they take Him.
          And leaving me behind; healed. whole.

Catherine Nicolette Whittle



Matthew 26; http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+26

With thanks to Biblegateway

No comments:

Post a Comment